Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole

It's been quite a long time since i've last penned anything on this blog. It's simple really; since my day job involves a hefty amount of writing, blogging no longer seemed like a hobby. Like a moth to a flame - only i'm neither - I'm constantly drawn to things which provide neither solace nor redemption. I feel like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole. Or Neo, naked in a gooey tank waiting to be clamped by Morpheus and the Nebuchadnezzar. 

A wise writer once said, 'If life was easy, there would be no point in living, as I would have learnt nothing at all.'

I used to believe that. I understood that life - and its many trials and tribulations - is like a theme park ride which you have no control over. It starts before you know it and just before you realize you're having fun - it's over all too soon.  

A lot of people use their private spaces with which to vent their anger and frustrations. I have neither. Inside me, is a cauldron of mixed emotions intermingled against a smorgasbord of confused innuendos and grief. I'm not complaining here. I'm not even venting. I'm just...saying.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life. It's just, sometimes i wish i could paint the world with my thoughts. I could paint it blue for the days when i'm feeling especially cheerful (yes, blue isn't a color of depression for me) and red when i'm feeling vulgar and frustrated. As i pass by my daily routes i would dab bits of these colors in hopes that someone out there, would share the same expression as I. Because, like Alice..

We're all in Wonderland. And we're still tumbling. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.