The Secret Of My Success

"My dad bought me a round trip ticket back to Kansas. Now it's become a symbol for me. The day i use this ticket...is the day New York has beaten me."

I grew up watching this movie. It's been 18 years since it was first released and i still put it on whenever the world feels as though it's about to crumble.

Micheal J Fox became a role model for me as he went through the rigours of 80s New York..the height of the Wall Street boom.

For some, nothing signified Wall Street better than the movie of the same name.

I'm not going to lie to you, Wall Street is every bit as good as they say. But The Secret of My Success had a more wholesome feel to it. It was a movie that moved me.

The DVD has never been off my special rack ever since i bought it off Amazon two years ago.

And I never forgot that line.

It's become a symbol for me. Everytime the world turns its back on me, my mind goes back to the scene when Brantley Foster (Fox) recited that line.

"I'll make sure he gives you a leg up." says his Aunt, on the issue of giving Brantley a speedy promotion.

"Thanks Vera, but I'm going to make it, on my own."

Comments

dA said…
i love that movie too!
it's been a while since i last saw it.
Anonymous said…
whos leg did u ask to go up?
Eddie said…
where's my POPIAHs??

;P
Anonymous said…
loved that movie too! remember we used to rent the video.

btw, it's called poppies, eddie. and when do you want them?
Eddie said…
fine poppies.

i want it..yesterday.

hee.

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.