The Spirit of Ecstasy
NO it's not a drug. For those of you in the know, the spirit of ecstasy refers to the lady with her skirt lifted slightly above her bum, standing on the hood of any Rolls Royce.
In the same vein, the spirit of ecstasy exists in every single one of us. It is the spirit to believe and the spirit of loving one another in the pursuit of ones own happiness. A glorious harmony of juxtapositions, enthralled in one single unified purpose - to fully appreciate and enjoy every single moment in life.
The past few months have been a blur.
I've seen more than a few people getting dissapointed in love. Whilst it's always sad to see a love unreturned, it is also a whole lot worse to witness a love unspoken.
So chin up boys and girls, at least you've had your chance. Even if it was fleeting.
For those of you who're still looking for that perfect partner, just stop right there. Revel in the fact that you've still got friends around you, and more often than not, having friends is just as good as having a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have one. I'm just saying you should stop trying so hard.
In the same respect, I would like to make it clear as well that it's not fair for some parties to push too hard either.
It makes decision making a whole lot harder. Honestly darling, i enjoyed your company, late night phone calls and invitations for lunch/breakfast/dinner, but I have to be honest - i'm starting to feel strangled.
Let's all just take it slow. We're still young. Take a breather, and do things in stages. Rushing will never do anyone any good.
Enjoy the moments. Enjoy the conversations and the lunches and the movies and the blablablabla...
Only then, will the spirit of ecstasy continue live on.
In the same vein, the spirit of ecstasy exists in every single one of us. It is the spirit to believe and the spirit of loving one another in the pursuit of ones own happiness. A glorious harmony of juxtapositions, enthralled in one single unified purpose - to fully appreciate and enjoy every single moment in life.
The past few months have been a blur.
I've seen more than a few people getting dissapointed in love. Whilst it's always sad to see a love unreturned, it is also a whole lot worse to witness a love unspoken.
So chin up boys and girls, at least you've had your chance. Even if it was fleeting.
For those of you who're still looking for that perfect partner, just stop right there. Revel in the fact that you've still got friends around you, and more often than not, having friends is just as good as having a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have one. I'm just saying you should stop trying so hard.
In the same respect, I would like to make it clear as well that it's not fair for some parties to push too hard either.
It makes decision making a whole lot harder. Honestly darling, i enjoyed your company, late night phone calls and invitations for lunch/breakfast/dinner, but I have to be honest - i'm starting to feel strangled.
Let's all just take it slow. We're still young. Take a breather, and do things in stages. Rushing will never do anyone any good.
Enjoy the moments. Enjoy the conversations and the lunches and the movies and the blablablabla...
Only then, will the spirit of ecstasy continue live on.
Comments
:)
glad you enjoyed the post.