Exactly Where You're Supposed To Be.
When was the last time you took the effort and just gazed at the stars above?
Those tiny twinkly bits between the dark areas and the big round ball that looks like moldy old cheese.
When was the last time you took the chance to go on a holiday with a friend?
You know, when you leave the four walls you call your home, and into the foor doors you call your jalopy.
I gazed up once some time ago, and what I saw up there surprised me.
It was a canvas filled with a million, billion dazzling lights...shining ever so brightly..like mini fireflies in the heavens.
The serenity..was immense. You feel small, tiny even and the gnawing feeling that you are just another speck in the expanse of infinite space is real. We are all an array of juxtaposed improbabilities, spread across galaxies like peanut butter on gardenia bread.
In Malaysian terms..
Giler gempak, Brader.
I stood there for a whole minute, gasping at the cold midnight air. Raspy, foreign...and yet somehow...so strangely familiar.
The wind blew a soft gentle murmur carrying with it a harmony of slurs and whispers...passing from one tree to another...through fields of dreams...and epic adventures in between. The wind has always been there. So have the stars...and that round gangly object that looks like a week old Big Mac.
"Wish for something," came a voice from behind.
"I already have." I replied, without even stopping to think.
She smiled, the way only a stranger could.
Detached, cold.. and yet it felt so honest, I couldn't help but just smile back at her.
"Me too." she said, her head cocked upwards...to the sky.
A moment passed and she continued on walking, past the jostling crowds, street performers and colourful restaurants... and for an instant...even though the world was still spinning faster than i can ever latch on to... I felt at peace. I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
The wind was still blowing, the stars still twinkling and I..I was still smiling.
Four years have passed since, yet the smile on my face is still just as real as it was that on the fateful night.
So go on now..look up. Bring your lover, children, parent...friend. Just lay down on a field of grass and gaze into the void.
Trust me, it's one of the best therapy you'll ever have.
Those tiny twinkly bits between the dark areas and the big round ball that looks like moldy old cheese.
When was the last time you took the chance to go on a holiday with a friend?
You know, when you leave the four walls you call your home, and into the foor doors you call your jalopy.
I gazed up once some time ago, and what I saw up there surprised me.
It was a canvas filled with a million, billion dazzling lights...shining ever so brightly..like mini fireflies in the heavens.
The serenity..was immense. You feel small, tiny even and the gnawing feeling that you are just another speck in the expanse of infinite space is real. We are all an array of juxtaposed improbabilities, spread across galaxies like peanut butter on gardenia bread.
In Malaysian terms..
Giler gempak, Brader.
I stood there for a whole minute, gasping at the cold midnight air. Raspy, foreign...and yet somehow...so strangely familiar.
The wind blew a soft gentle murmur carrying with it a harmony of slurs and whispers...passing from one tree to another...through fields of dreams...and epic adventures in between. The wind has always been there. So have the stars...and that round gangly object that looks like a week old Big Mac.
"Wish for something," came a voice from behind.
"I already have." I replied, without even stopping to think.
She smiled, the way only a stranger could.
Detached, cold.. and yet it felt so honest, I couldn't help but just smile back at her.
"Me too." she said, her head cocked upwards...to the sky.
A moment passed and she continued on walking, past the jostling crowds, street performers and colourful restaurants... and for an instant...even though the world was still spinning faster than i can ever latch on to... I felt at peace. I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
The wind was still blowing, the stars still twinkling and I..I was still smiling.
Four years have passed since, yet the smile on my face is still just as real as it was that on the fateful night.
So go on now..look up. Bring your lover, children, parent...friend. Just lay down on a field of grass and gaze into the void.
Trust me, it's one of the best therapy you'll ever have.
Comments