See You Soon

I had a chat with an 'old' friend today. I'm ashamed to admit that in some ways I've actually gone so far as to have erased her from my mind. I called her early.. straight off the gym and there was no answer. Typical. She never wakes up this early anyway. Except for that one time when I had to give her something out of the blue. It was a kind of present just without the birthday. She was happy even though it was an item with no real material value, just an item that meant something to her. Anyways, as I got back home, sat on my bed and wolfed down on my breakfast (2x Sausage McMuffins with Egg!) whilst impatiently watching the latest episode of Scrubs (yes, I know I'm THAT slow) she rang. Just as i got to it, it got cut off. Patience was definitely a virtue she did not have. So i called her back, and lo and behold it went straight to her voice mail. "Forget it," I mumbled under my breath. "I'm tired of being the good samaritan all the bloody time." Just as i was done swearing in two different languages (none of them making any sense), a message came in telling me that she'd been trying to call me twice during the time i had anxiously dialled her number. "Funny," I thought. "She's actually making an effort." Then the call came again. This time I hastily picked up. I asked if she had just woken up. "No. Dah lama dah (It's been a while)" was her response. "Really?" I asked. "What time?" "About ten minutes ago." she replied. I laughed at how she could actually tell me a bold-faced lie through what i assumed would've been a very straight face. We had a few arguments on how hard it was for us to see each other these days and how everyone's getting busier by the minute. I told her I couldn't see her on Saturday because I promised (in reality, forced) to appear on Astro to do some random teenage show. Well that's another story altogether. She laughed and told me not to say anything "bodoh" while i was at it. I said I'll try my very darndest not to and that me appearing on TV is as bodoh as it gets. And I suppose it is. Or at least will be. But not as bodoh as i felt when I put the phone down. Because the last thing she said to me was.. "Yeah, we'll do brunch on Sunday. I'm always free on Sundays." Yeah right. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.