The Girl On TV

I don't think I'd like to be on TV; trundling along like an idiot with nothing better to do than to smile wider than the Penang Bridge whilst reading a teleprompter that shuffles faster than an ecstasy laden 18 year old chuffie during a rave party. But most of all I wouldn't want to be on TV for one reason and one reason alone; the constant eye glances and finger pointing at all but the most dilapidated of places. Plus, I'm sure no one would want to hire me either. Harith is funny as a pelican, Douglas Lim has wit to match his charm, Sharifah Amani has her cutesy pre-pubescent outlook and Mawi...well, everybody makes mistakes right? A television personality doesn't have to be the cream of the malaysian crop, but having good looks does help your door swing just that little bit wider. Once you're in the semi glamorous world that is Malaysian television you'd be hard pressed to get yourself out. I suppose it's fun for the first few months when a few heads swing in your favour, but i'll bet you'd be begging for some kind of face mask when some of your more hardcore fans bombard you whilst you're having your quiet sunday morning breakfast at Raju. Or worse, having a bunch of googly eyed twenty somethings laughing and giggling like schoolboys while trying their very best to 'avoid' eye contact with you. In a fancy Bangsar restaurant, no less. To be honest with you, I don't watch the telly. I hardly have the time. If I wanted to watch something, I'll just grab it off the rack at my local DVD store or *gasp* torrent it. So I'm in the proverbial dark when it comes to all these new pan asian telly personas. Until yesterday that is. I suppose after seeing how this TV host looks like in person (not that i've ever seen her on TV), I'm ready to submit myself to the rigours of being a telly addict all over again. I do believe that a person with legs up to their shoulders shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets freely. It is a hazard to us men. Worst of all, is the idiocy of it all. After we wiped our chins clean of drool and spittle, we mustered up enough verbal strength to ask the age old question. "Eh, so who's gonna get her number?" Five minutes of 'macho man bashing', (you know the ones where the boys keep pushing one another verbally and physically to 'be the man') later and we were still pinned to our seats, still unable to move. At Men Are Here, we discussed how we as 'Men' would go up to strangers who happen to catch our attention(s) and say the silly things a man would to get her name, number, birthday, MyKad etc. But what if that girl happened to be a television host, who is not only hotter than Kampung Baru punya Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa time Raya, but is also a glorified personality that most young, strapping twenty somethings have posted on their bedroom walls? (okay i'm exagerrating, but hell if she had a poster i'd buy it) Would you still go up to her? If you did, what praytell would you tell her? :)

Comments

Eddie said…
i only have on question.

which friend? hahahaha.. :)

jgn marion sudah.

if marion i'll do one better, i'll POKE Zull as well. Hehe.
Ewah.. come so far away to story my story hahaha.. Ceh pfft!

Eddie, sebenarnya, Marion.. ouh Marion.. sebenarnye.. isk.. APSAL LAAA KITE TAK GI MINTAK NO PHONE DIE EHK? isk.. Dahla kau gi hey! dia time dia kluar toilet. kan dah kene jeling.. hahahah

ck ck ck..
Eddie said…
we'll see who we'd 'bump' into this week.

:)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.