A typical day in Kuala Lumpur
You know how it is in KL. No matter what time you wake up, the sun will always be there to greet you. The traffic will always be at a standstill and the heat is always present. You mandi, gosok gigi and spray your perfume before you leave for work, lunch or date..and not 10 minutes after you walk through that door of yours, you're sweating like a pig in a blanket.
I love Kuala Lumpur. In spite of the heat stroke inducing climate, KL does have its charms. On a good sunny day take a drive around town and see what's going on around you. Bring a camera and snap those stills. I know I did, and the first thing I saw as I got into KL was this.

Pah. Typical KL traffic. If it's not congested then there's definately something wrong. Usually people get extremely edgy during bumper to bumper crawls, but I for one wasn't even bothered. I was snap-snapping away at people and cars. I was taking the horrid traffic with an alacrity that was not only refreshing, it was enlightening. For a while-lah.
I moved all of ten feet for the next 20 minutes. So did the car in front of me.

I started to get a little bit edgy. About 10 cars in front of me was a Lamborghini Gallardo huffing and puffing in the heat. He too, must be swearing under his breath. What on earth is causing this standstill? I took a glance through my lenses and caught the perpetrator in the act.

That policeman was blocking the road. Contraflow lah katakan.
Malaysia is fond of contraflows. They do contraflows on highways, byways, laybys and kaki lima walkways. Take a look at this..

Yup. KL-lites need to be told where to WALK even. Pah, we Malaysians know how and where to walk-lah! And that is anything against traffic, not using the overhead bridges, against traffic signals and whilst reading a newspaper. Malaysian what.
At least I had a good short lunch after I wrenched myself out of that horrible jam and finally picked Teta and Mira up. We laughed, ate a little too much (well me at least) and nitpicked at the manager's weird orange shoes.
We obviously took photos too, and Mira now with some adept photography skills took some shots of her own. Like the ones below.


Not bad for a beginner. She was manually adjusting the shutter, aperture..the lot. Okay i'm kidding, but at least she tried to get the vanishing point correct! She was happily snapping away until I decided that it was my turn to snap their photos too.
Posing katakan.

Yeap, you guys definately look good together. :) They posed for a little while more until i told them that i wanted to take some shots of them being natural. It wasn't easy cause everytime i pointed a camera at one of them, they stiffened up or smiled a little bit too much. It took a while until I snapped this:

Could've been sharper, but the ambient lights weren't much of a help and the sun was out. So i decided to point the camera to a place with a little bit more light and let the camera do its work...like so:

He was really banging that dough like his life depended on it. The pizza must've tasted great.
So that was a typical day in Kuala Lumpur. Traffic, quick bites in between and a lot of smiles.
I also had a smashing time the night before at Lynn's open house. The food was epic. Nizam had 4 helpings of nasi, mee and everything in between. The cake Lynn baked was self indulgingly decadent, the girls loved it. Nad had 3 mouthfuls, and i must say they were pretty big mouthfuls, because even I couldn't finish the cake. Here's me after a Bantai-ed the super rendang and a couple of chicken breastices.

Here's the host with the toast of the night; Nizam who quite clearly took top trumps for having the best appetite over a short period of time.

Me and the lovely Lynn. Babes, what pose is that? Hehe. Thanks for the excellent food, if only I could've whacked more food!

And the other two stars of the night, the demure and divine Amirah and Nadira.


Yes ladies and gentleman, that is how i show my affection. By acting all premature and WWE like. But it was a good night, shame it couldn't have lasted longer. The girls had to go home and I, being the responsible and designated older driver, had to drive them both back home.
All in all, a good,good weekend.
I love this place, and no country, state, city in the world could replace it.
I love Kuala Lumpur. In spite of the heat stroke inducing climate, KL does have its charms. On a good sunny day take a drive around town and see what's going on around you. Bring a camera and snap those stills. I know I did, and the first thing I saw as I got into KL was this.
Pah. Typical KL traffic. If it's not congested then there's definately something wrong. Usually people get extremely edgy during bumper to bumper crawls, but I for one wasn't even bothered. I was snap-snapping away at people and cars. I was taking the horrid traffic with an alacrity that was not only refreshing, it was enlightening. For a while-lah.
I moved all of ten feet for the next 20 minutes. So did the car in front of me.
I started to get a little bit edgy. About 10 cars in front of me was a Lamborghini Gallardo huffing and puffing in the heat. He too, must be swearing under his breath. What on earth is causing this standstill? I took a glance through my lenses and caught the perpetrator in the act.
That policeman was blocking the road. Contraflow lah katakan.
Malaysia is fond of contraflows. They do contraflows on highways, byways, laybys and kaki lima walkways. Take a look at this..
Yup. KL-lites need to be told where to WALK even. Pah, we Malaysians know how and where to walk-lah! And that is anything against traffic, not using the overhead bridges, against traffic signals and whilst reading a newspaper. Malaysian what.
At least I had a good short lunch after I wrenched myself out of that horrible jam and finally picked Teta and Mira up. We laughed, ate a little too much (well me at least) and nitpicked at the manager's weird orange shoes.
We obviously took photos too, and Mira now with some adept photography skills took some shots of her own. Like the ones below.
Not bad for a beginner. She was manually adjusting the shutter, aperture..the lot. Okay i'm kidding, but at least she tried to get the vanishing point correct! She was happily snapping away until I decided that it was my turn to snap their photos too.
Posing katakan.
Yeap, you guys definately look good together. :) They posed for a little while more until i told them that i wanted to take some shots of them being natural. It wasn't easy cause everytime i pointed a camera at one of them, they stiffened up or smiled a little bit too much. It took a while until I snapped this:
Could've been sharper, but the ambient lights weren't much of a help and the sun was out. So i decided to point the camera to a place with a little bit more light and let the camera do its work...like so:
He was really banging that dough like his life depended on it. The pizza must've tasted great.
So that was a typical day in Kuala Lumpur. Traffic, quick bites in between and a lot of smiles.
I also had a smashing time the night before at Lynn's open house. The food was epic. Nizam had 4 helpings of nasi, mee and everything in between. The cake Lynn baked was self indulgingly decadent, the girls loved it. Nad had 3 mouthfuls, and i must say they were pretty big mouthfuls, because even I couldn't finish the cake. Here's me after a Bantai-ed the super rendang and a couple of chicken breastices.
Here's the host with the toast of the night; Nizam who quite clearly took top trumps for having the best appetite over a short period of time.
Me and the lovely Lynn. Babes, what pose is that? Hehe. Thanks for the excellent food, if only I could've whacked more food!
And the other two stars of the night, the demure and divine Amirah and Nadira.
Yes ladies and gentleman, that is how i show my affection. By acting all premature and WWE like. But it was a good night, shame it couldn't have lasted longer. The girls had to go home and I, being the responsible and designated older driver, had to drive them both back home.
All in all, a good,good weekend.
I love this place, and no country, state, city in the world could replace it.
Comments