Malay/Chinese/Indian...Other?

An excerpt taken from the multi award winning movie 'Sepet'

"Not all Malays are lazy and not all Chinese are cheats you know." said Jason's best friend who is Chinese.

"Ah, see that's where you're wrong. All Malays, are lazy." replied Orked, the Malay girl.

The reason i'm bringing this up is twofold. First is because I just bought the DVD version of Sepet signed by Yasmin Ahmad herself/himself and because the sequel is just around the corner and the other is because I wanted to highlight how racism effects our individual thought processes on how we view the world around us.

I'm not going to delve into the intricacies of race relations; primarily because I did a thesis on it for my final year and would not care to repeat it again but also because a public forum isn't a place to tackle an issue of this magnitude.

I'm just going to graze the surface of the subject, in hopes that we would all be better people over time.

Honestly, we have to admit that we are quite fortunate to be here today, in this century. While bigotry and racism still exists, the perennial difficulties often associated with such an animosity isn't as apparent as it was say 30 years ago. Today we see kids with wildly differing facial features. Who's to say if he/she is even Malay..Kiwi..Mat Salleh..Nepalese.

Just take a stroll around your regular mall. I'll bet you that 3 out of 10 people that pass you by are eithered mixed beyond recognition or pan asian enough to be neither white, black or yellow. Turn on your television if you don't believe me. If you ain't pan asian you ain't malaysian. Every other new 'hot' product is represented by some Mat Salleh celup.

Well i'd rather have these celups than a bucketful of Mawi's. That guy is just getting on my nerves and I don't even watch AF (Akademi Fantasia..a crappy reality tv show.) Yet, that's the reality. Either you're Mawi or Sawwi. Okay i'm just kidding (sorry Proton but that car is crappy too).

So Pan Asians dominate the social stratas of not only Television, they've gone to ad prints, Tatlers, Taxis, Buses, Air Asia planes and at one point I even saw a pan asian on the toilet of an R&R i went to. Jamban pon ada muka pan asian.

See, I have no qualms against Pan Asians. You people are way more putih than most of us and Yes you are very pleasing to my eyeballs, but what i find intriguing is how you Pan Asians could still find distinctions between races. Hello, if you're born half Mat Salleh and Half Malay, you'd be Half and Half. You'd be neither race more than the other. So don't pretend to speak with a Slang when you're around Malaysians, and don't lah speak Pasar Malay when you're with you're Mat Salleh friends. Tunggang terbalik lah bang. Get your facts straight.

Another problem is when you start to choose sides. "Oh, Malays are so fucking lazy."

Big mistake Mat Salleh man. We then start to see you as the second coming of JWW Birch and we'll go all JWW Marriot on you, with the full buffet set shite.

Just be happy that you look like a Magnum bar laa. Mat salleh on the inside but brown like the rest of us on the outside.

Edit:This just in, I got wind from a good friend of mine that some people are actually doing Plastic Surgery on their god given faces to make them look more Pan Asian. I mean how fucked up is that. Observe exhibit A below:


(Kudos to Kennysia for providing the photos and outlining the macabre world of Pan Asian obsession with this grade A example of a girl named Dawn Yang)

Don't ever make distinctions between races. We're all the same anyways. Don't point out another race's weakness either, it just goes to show how weak you are as an individual. I'm not racist against pan asians or girls with mixed parental heritage, it's just that we should all be proud to be what we are. Enjoy everybody's company, and date around the circle not ALONG it.

Then we'll get to see some pan asian kiddos of off you lot.

Just don't put em on tv.

:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
HEAR, HEAR.. Of all people, trust me, I know.. huhuhu..
iDAN said…
ppheeewwwiittt...cun giler aweks....huhuhuhuh

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.