A Spirited Scripture of a Scintilating Sociopath

Right. It's past my bedtime and I'm still up listening to some Cafe Del Mar amidst a darkened room, with little or no ambient lighting at all - well aside from my Mac that is.

Tonight I learned a new lesson. I learned that some friendships much like wine, appreciate with age. Age adds a certain colour and flavour to your conversations as you cherish the moments you shared together whilst laughing and tearing over the present. You cough up new ways of telling an old tale, adding bits and pieces you never knew existed as everyone throws their memories into the mix as well. Imagine a bowl of Laksa, without the pointy fish bits and you pretty have a rough idea how jumbled up things can get.

I've lost a few friends along the way, I'm sure we all have. In some weird twist of fate, you do understand that all things happen for a reason, and not all of them beneficial to you at that time. As you grow older, you realise that there are a great many things that we all could've done differently, but given the chance I'm pretty sure we'd end up repeating our mistakes yet again.

We all know that no one is an Island. The gestures and actions that we take affect not only those immediately around you, but in some weird 'butterly effect' kind of way, it ripples across borders, space and time. You tell a friend over Skype that you're in love with this girl and, almost instantaneaously your whole circle of friends start talking about it - by nightfall half the population of Timbuktu's off to find this girl of yours as though she's the next Miss World.

You see, friendships are fragile. They are nothing like relationships. I've been assaulted with Pins, Pens and Penguins during my years of dating and no matter how bruised or bloodied i get, we always kiss and make up. Try throwing things at your friend and we'll see how long it takes for that "restraining order" to take effect.

Be that as it may, when your relationships start to crumble like a house of cards and the penguins aren't as funny as they used be anymore, it's your friends who end up standing there by your side helping you get that pin out of your ear.

We all have our vices, we all have our vestitudes of secrets, but that's what makes friendship so interesting and unintelligebly wonky. You never know how far the line is and even after you've crossed it, chances are you probably had no inkling that you did. It's a true test of friendship if you could turn your back around, walk past that line and say;

"Yeah, I'm human, we all make mistakes. I stabbed you, you stabbed me, it's the same thing."

Oh and I've been Tagged by Hanisah. Haih. Sorry for the late reply dear, didn't realise. :D


so here are the golden rules of weirdness :

#1 write down FIVE (5) weird habits.

#2 pass this baton to 5 other people.

#3 list down their name and blog link.

ok here goes.



weird habit #1

I get goosebumps and start muttering some african mumbo jumbo. Must've come from Maleik.

weird habit #2

I can't get enough of Iced Lemon Tea. Weird.

weird habit #3

I get addicted to things quickly and get bored of them before the day is over. Weirder things have happened...

weird habit #4

I like listening to music before I sleep, yet can't sleep with the music on. What the..?

weird habit #5

I tend to gather a group of friend to start playing a certain game ie, foosball, halo, cafe hopping...and then when someone beats me I get bored halfway through and leave them to fend for themselves. Ezar hates it when i do this to him. hahaha...

So, on to the next five victims

Sheridan

Ezar

Suhana

Matiin

Brian The 6th Power Ranger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.