Are you any older?

Time is an element that not only heals all wounds, it re-opens old ones as well.

Years pass and as you inevitably grow older, your judgement becomes better, your wealth of knowledge is now amass with useless trivia that you constantly bore audiences with, your love list has grown longer and longer and you worry if you'll ever find 'the one', your wrinkles are becoming much more apparent, that hair line of yours ain't getting better and your nieces and nephews are growing taller by the day.

Old sayings are making sense and you keep telling yourself that you will go on that holiday cruise this year. It never happened right?

Remember that most people at the end of their lives don't regret the things that they have done- they regret the things they didn't do. Take a bold stance for once and do something on the spur of the moment.

Go surfing or diving, play paintball, rock-climbing, speed dating, roadtrips...anything and everything that you've always wanted to do, but never had the urgency to do so.

An old friend of mine recently asked me,

"Are you any older?"

I said yeah, of course i am, i'm twenty three. Much older than when i used to know you.

"Have you done all the things you've always wanted to do?"

I said of course not, i'm so busy these days.

"Have you done at least ONE of the things you've always wanted to do?"

I said, No i haven't, and that got me thinking. If i've never done anything i've always wanted to do, when will i ever find the time to do so?

"So how can you be any older if your experiences haven't changed much since the last I saw you?" she grinned.

"You're only older by your age, dear. Not experiences. So you're not older. At least not yet."

And she's bang on cue you know. I'm not any older. So i've taken up her challenge this year to..ahem...amass my 'life' experiences by doing funky new things. I'll never be able to catch up to her, but at least we'll be on the same page.

So people, Are YOU Any Older?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.