It's today that counts.
As I sit cross-legged here on my bed, my mind wanders to a time and a place where there are no such things as stress, emotional strife or commitments. The once pouring rain has eased itself into a gentle, almost therapeutic rhythm. A soothing piano piece is being played in the background. Outside my room the silence is overwhelming. If I close my eyes, it feels as though I’m all alone. If not for the light emanating from this Mac, I could be in a jazz bar listening to a gifted maestro strutting his stuff. I could be anywhere I wanted, the venue is only limited to the confines of my imagination.
In my mind’s eye, I could be sharing a warm cup of coffee with the person that I love, with nothing but the flickering of the flames to keep us company. There’s nothing to be said between us, since all has been said. We’d smile knowingly at one another, comfortable; contented and far, far away from the hustle of daily life.
Alas, ‘tis not as easy or as simple as it seems. Sometimes, falling in love is just as hard as falling out of it. You lose sight of the things which should matter to you. Your blinkers are on so tightly that all you care to see from thereon end, is the person you’ve fallen for.
You trip, you fall, you get up again and try your very best to stand taller and stronger than you ever did before. It is the very essence of our humanity - To learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately, we are constantly destined to repeat them.
Do you choose how to - or how not to, fall in love?
Do you let your mind dictate what should be done, and drown the voices of your heart?
No idea. For once, I have no conclusion to make. Nor do I have some theory I plucked from the air, just to make myself feel better. Falling in love is something that should never be taken lightly. Yeah, you say you’ll take it slow, but if you’re an honest person, chances are you will go with the flow. You’ll let your heart do the talking and relegate your consciousness to the back seat.
My best piece of advice to all of you tonight is, (if you love someone enough), tell them that you do, as much as you can, because you never know when you might lose them or when is the last time you’ll be afforded the chance to do so.
Telling someone you love them is the smallest gesture anyone could do for someone else. It involves nothing more than your own heartfelt emotions. Three simple words.
In the morning, tell everyone around you how much you appreciate their friendship. Tell your parents how much you love them, and how humbled you are to have parents who would gladly give it all away for the sake of their children’s happiness. Tell your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend how much it means to you to have someone there for you through the good and bad times, and that it doesn’t matter if you end being together forever, it’s today that counts.
It’s always today that counts.
In my mind’s eye, I could be sharing a warm cup of coffee with the person that I love, with nothing but the flickering of the flames to keep us company. There’s nothing to be said between us, since all has been said. We’d smile knowingly at one another, comfortable; contented and far, far away from the hustle of daily life.
Alas, ‘tis not as easy or as simple as it seems. Sometimes, falling in love is just as hard as falling out of it. You lose sight of the things which should matter to you. Your blinkers are on so tightly that all you care to see from thereon end, is the person you’ve fallen for.
You trip, you fall, you get up again and try your very best to stand taller and stronger than you ever did before. It is the very essence of our humanity - To learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately, we are constantly destined to repeat them.
Do you choose how to - or how not to, fall in love?
Do you let your mind dictate what should be done, and drown the voices of your heart?
No idea. For once, I have no conclusion to make. Nor do I have some theory I plucked from the air, just to make myself feel better. Falling in love is something that should never be taken lightly. Yeah, you say you’ll take it slow, but if you’re an honest person, chances are you will go with the flow. You’ll let your heart do the talking and relegate your consciousness to the back seat.
My best piece of advice to all of you tonight is, (if you love someone enough), tell them that you do, as much as you can, because you never know when you might lose them or when is the last time you’ll be afforded the chance to do so.
Telling someone you love them is the smallest gesture anyone could do for someone else. It involves nothing more than your own heartfelt emotions. Three simple words.
In the morning, tell everyone around you how much you appreciate their friendship. Tell your parents how much you love them, and how humbled you are to have parents who would gladly give it all away for the sake of their children’s happiness. Tell your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend how much it means to you to have someone there for you through the good and bad times, and that it doesn’t matter if you end being together forever, it’s today that counts.
It’s always today that counts.
Comments