The Color Purple

I think i have a thing for Indonesians. I really do.

Ungu Violet isn't all that great. Yes it had some 'moving' moments, upon which my 'date' (lol) cried. Ur such a pansy gaylord.

What it did have was a very heartwarming lead character; Kalin played by Dian Sastro. Hands down the sweetest girl to grace god's green earth. At least she was sweet in the movie.

Anyways, I came out of that movie absolutely smitten with their language and the way in which they speak it.

I decided to give a call to an old friend who lives in Jakarta (you know who you are.)

She said she's coming down for a visit soon, and asked me if I wanted anything from Indonesia. I told her that I wanted Dian.

She laughed and said that I can't have Dian, but i could have her instead.

"I'm prettier than Dian okay," she said.

Yes dear, you are prettier than Dian, but until you get to KL, you're just as far away and just as impossible to reach.

So, to my friend who's coming down soon, I can't wait to see you again. We have years of stories to catch up on.

Do bring Dian along too if you can.

Hee.

Or i'll follow you back to Jakarta for the weekend and you can show me that 'fish tank' of yours. Haha...best Seaworld in Asia yeah? :P

Here's a picture of Dian for those hormonally charged boys among us at Lete Abstrait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.