A wish.

This has been the longest month I have ever had. Period.

In this month....

I’ve learnt who my true friends are (and those who aren’t). I’m so sorry if I’ve not been myself lately, for those of you in the know, let me take this opportunity to apologize to all of you in a public forum. For those of you who stuck to me like glue during my ‘neither here nor there’ period, know that I appreciate your friendship(s). It’s touching to know that I still have really good friends around me when I’m down and out.
Yes, I was lost for a while there...but I think I’ve found my path again. I am amazed at how supportive some of you have been during my period of self/soul searching. Thanks for all those encouraging words and hand holding you guys extended to me during my time of need. My gratitude can never be expressed by mere words. I am deeply, deeply touched...and for that I sincerely thank you. All of you.

I’ve also learnt that life’s journey is one filled with idiosyncrasies. A smorgasbord of funky ironies and brutal face slaps. I understand that all things happen for a reason, and sometimes fate...decides that the cards you’ve been dealt all this while..were not meant for you. It is a month of loss for me. I have lost more this month than I would care to remember. From colleagues to material objects to..friends even. I look back and wonder how, in such a short period of time, my life has taken a turn for the macabre. The skies are still blue, and I guess in some sick way it accurately describes how I feel this month.

Why is it that when you’re nice....you’re always taken for a ride? Do I have to be Machiavellian to survive? Is there no decency left in my fellow man?

Is love just a word in the dictionary...or a scene in a movie?

I have learnt that the only way you can be truly happy, is to love yourself more than anything else in this whirlwind world of ours. Never give more than you ever expect you could take.

I guess it’s the whole environment I’m in that makes creates all this frustration in me.

Read the front page of any local newspaper and tell me to my face that you’re not disappointed. Our elected leaders are being sacked on a daily basis, babies are being taken from the hospital, diesel and petrol are constantly on the up and up...even our public holidays (14 days in case you guys didn’t know) are being trimmed down. We’re behind the UK and US on public holidays as it is.

Honestly...sometimes I just wonder how it feels to live in a world (even if it’s just for a day) the way you used to view it as a kid. Or when you had your first kiss. Or first car.

Those are strong emotions we should hold on to...even for a moment.

Can I have that please? Can I have a moment of true happiness no matter how fleeting it may be?

I promise I won’t ask anything else....

:(

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey,....how have u been doing?...im not doing soo well since the last time we met u know..haha...go figure how long has that been,...but i guess ur ritee...it is best to love ur own self....i used to love my frens soo much..and now i realize that the only person that is worth for me to love is my own self...none other but my own self... :)
iDAN said…
edddie bro

wil definately be coming back soon....just hang in there yaaa...

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.