Torn In Three

I'm at a juncture.

The road has forked in three..and i have no idea if any of them will bring me to my intended destination.

Path number one is filled with thorns and many nasty and hidden surprises. In the distance i see a glimmer of sunshine amidst the undergrowth which has overwhelmed the road ahead. Prudence is the best method of bridging this walkway. Avoidance is the solution. But my emotions tell me otherwise. My heart tells me that the glimmer at the other end is probably a preview of bright blue skies ahead. My mind tells me that it could just be a mirage and i'm fooling myself to no end.

Path number two is filled with the familiar. I've been here before. I've walked down this road at least once in my life. I've been to the other side of this path and i didn't like what i saw, but the journey...the journey was immensely enjoyable. The smell of roses, the chirping of birds, the gentle whisper of the wind... serenity. But all this beauty will lead me irrevocably to a dead end. I've been here before. Why do is there a constant yearning to go back here?

Path number three is a path i've always wanted to go down, but never had the balls to. I was always afraid that i'd get lost..in more ways than one. Subconsciously, i know this path leads to my destination, but the fear is so overwhelming that i've yet to put a single foot in. I've left this path open and unanswered for years, and in the years since....it's gotten even more unrecognisable. The fear has not dissipated, but in some ways age has leveraged what adolescent emotions i had before.

The biggest question i have right now is, which among the three should i choose? Is there a fourth path i have not yet seen? Is there even a need to travel?

Sometimes the need for companionship is misconstrued. You don't need companionship to ease your loneliness. We will always be lonely. You need companionship to take your mind off of being alone. No matter how short or fleeting that may be..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.