Truly Blessed

All of us has a path which we all journey through during the course of our lives. The luckier ones have a road map pointing out the bumps, dead ends and U-turns.

Others aren’t so lucky. Some don’t even have maps, a handful don’t even know where they’ve been or where they’re going.

For the unfortunate souls without a guide in the world showing them their true/intended path, they usually end up being lost for the most part of their lives. Imagine walking through the woods in the dark without any notion of familiarity to get you across in one piece. When you don’t know what to expect, you end up trying every single fork that comes your way; hoping that one of them will bring you literally “out of the woods.”

When we lose our bearings, our experiences tells us what to expect and how to react to a specific event if and when such an occurrence takes place. We have our mental and emotional compass to differentiate right from wrong, good from bad. But what if we were never given the distinction?

What if the line between right and wrong becomes so convoluted that your yardstick has been uprooted yet again, and you no longer see the reasoning behind guilt and societal restrictions placed upon you?

We know what is right from wrong because we were told from an early age the distinction between good and bad. Religion and parental guidance played a gargantuan role in molding a child into the adult he/she is in the world today.

Do this and I’ll rotan you. Do that and I’ll ground you.

We were all brought up with the notion of fear. Do something bad, and something bad will happen to you.

Our parents kept us out of jail. Their words of wisdom and stern disciplinary methods kept us sober, aware and safe. They kept us in check.

They made us who we are today -
a productive member of society, a person with feelings, dreams and a good head on his shoulders.

I am one of those fortunate few. My parents were right when they told me that I’d only realize this when I’m much, much older (I was 7 then..so yeah 23 is much much older..)

And with this in mind, and tomorrow being Mother’s Day, I’d like to make it clear that I am who I am today because of my family and my two loving parents. I’m sure it’s the same for all of you too. ☺

Comments

iDAN said…
Im so Glad and thankful to Allah that finally my friend here realised the otherside of life...

Now i guess u understand the whole senario for some...and u can appreciate others of who they are...And you also learn to appreciate about yourself tooo...

Wow...now u making me more anxious to meet the person who change u!!!..cant wait to see both of u SOON!...

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.