Simple Pleasures
It's taken me 23 years to realise this, but i thank god that i was fortunate enough to have even realised it at all.
Everyone knows that a gesture is more meaningful than a gift, but in the world we live in today, a gesture is often misunderstood and unappreciated.
Everyone smiles when you furnish them with gifts, but rarely do people furnish you with their smiles as their gifts to you. Well it happens, but usually you'd be pissant about it deep down and not two minutes after that same person has left your room/apartment/house, you'd be bitching about him/her to no end.
Well, at this point in my life, nothing means more to me then seeing the person I love crack a smile. It feels good to make others feel good about themselves. To make them feel that they're special and important. The gestures need not be extravagant or brazen; sometimes even the smallest act of putting your hand on hers is enough.
We all change with time. Sometimes we change when it is time for us to change. Take me for instance; I am stubborn, overtly sensitive at times, a prick when i want to be and headstrong.
My girlfriend?
She's exactly like me.
We butt heads more often than you can imagine. We argue, bite each other's heads off, eat more than we should and get emotionally winded pretty easily.
But we also laugh more than most people, eat sloppily and extremely unhealthy-ly, pinch each other's cheeks till they're red, fight over who gets to listen to the songs in my car, dance to funky music in other people's houses and cuddle at every given opportunity (to my friends apparent disdain. Lol)
It's been less than a month and I am deeply in love with this girl. Whenever i spill water or mayo on my less than perfect shirt or pants, she doesn't whine about it. She just smiles and does the same thing a few minutes later.
She always makes it a point to have her hand close to mine whenever or wherever we are. Our palms sweat so profusely i need to constantly fan it against the aircon. The first time i did it, she thought i was checking to see if the aircon was working. :)
I love the way she tells really nice things about me behind my back and i find out about it much later. I love it when she leaves little notes hidden in my phone and how she tries to feed me before herself even though she's hungry enough to bite my head off. I love how she tries to do a mini-facial on my face by squeezing my nose instead of my black/white heads. It hurt, I cried, but it was so sweet.
Sayang, this is for you. For all the things you've done for me, I am so eternally greatful. You are the beacon of light i never knew i needed. I'll always be here to make you smile. And i'll try to carry that tray okay?
:)
Everyone knows that a gesture is more meaningful than a gift, but in the world we live in today, a gesture is often misunderstood and unappreciated.
Everyone smiles when you furnish them with gifts, but rarely do people furnish you with their smiles as their gifts to you. Well it happens, but usually you'd be pissant about it deep down and not two minutes after that same person has left your room/apartment/house, you'd be bitching about him/her to no end.
Well, at this point in my life, nothing means more to me then seeing the person I love crack a smile. It feels good to make others feel good about themselves. To make them feel that they're special and important. The gestures need not be extravagant or brazen; sometimes even the smallest act of putting your hand on hers is enough.
We all change with time. Sometimes we change when it is time for us to change. Take me for instance; I am stubborn, overtly sensitive at times, a prick when i want to be and headstrong.
My girlfriend?
She's exactly like me.
We butt heads more often than you can imagine. We argue, bite each other's heads off, eat more than we should and get emotionally winded pretty easily.
But we also laugh more than most people, eat sloppily and extremely unhealthy-ly, pinch each other's cheeks till they're red, fight over who gets to listen to the songs in my car, dance to funky music in other people's houses and cuddle at every given opportunity (to my friends apparent disdain. Lol)
It's been less than a month and I am deeply in love with this girl. Whenever i spill water or mayo on my less than perfect shirt or pants, she doesn't whine about it. She just smiles and does the same thing a few minutes later.
She always makes it a point to have her hand close to mine whenever or wherever we are. Our palms sweat so profusely i need to constantly fan it against the aircon. The first time i did it, she thought i was checking to see if the aircon was working. :)
I love the way she tells really nice things about me behind my back and i find out about it much later. I love it when she leaves little notes hidden in my phone and how she tries to feed me before herself even though she's hungry enough to bite my head off. I love how she tries to do a mini-facial on my face by squeezing my nose instead of my black/white heads. It hurt, I cried, but it was so sweet.
Sayang, this is for you. For all the things you've done for me, I am so eternally greatful. You are the beacon of light i never knew i needed. I'll always be here to make you smile. And i'll try to carry that tray okay?
:)
Comments
(Azimah rite??)...if u wanna know more about this Eddie guy...contact me yaa..huhuhuuhhu