Sweetest Dreams
I had the weirdest dream.
Though the events occured in 'real-time' to me..
It felt... like a whole decade.
I grew old in my dreams. And during that dream, for the first time ever in my life, when i woke up abruptly in the middle of the night, and then subsequently went back to sleep, my dream actually RESUMED itself.
Fucking freaky.
It was a dream about an old crush i had, many years ago. The funny thing is, she hasn't even crossed my mind in years. I was pretty sure i wasn't thinking about her before i went to sleep last night. (I was watching the Gumball Rally, so the only thing i should have dreamt about was getting a Murcielago...haaa)
It was a vivid dream-to say the least.
I could smell the air, her perfume (i don't even know what she wears), the food everything. I could feel the cold, moist rainy ambience. I could dance to the music around me. I laughed at her jokes, and did mundane things like eat lunch, pointing at the clouds and imagining what they could be, or just laze around watching DVDs.
It was an uneventful dream. I was living the dream rather than dreaming it. I mean, I'm sure the guys would back me up when i say, that if a guy dreams about a girl he has/had a crush on, the chances of the dream being 21 and above is pretty darn confirmed.
But mine was barely PG.
When i woke up this morning, i was really sad. I really enjoyed the time i had in that dream. I suppose it's the same if you date any other girl/guy, but this girl's something else. At least that's how i feel after last night.
Sometimes, the dreams you have are regurgitated memory blocks stowed deep inside your grey matter. It's a smorgasboard of events and memories jumbled up into moving images which are then turned into dreams.
But i'm not Freud or Jung or even my bastard of a psych prof Mr. John Cash.
I'm me. And i'm sad that I can't even talk to her if i wanted to. I'm sad that many years ago, i did nothing to show my emotions for her.
Even if i wanted to fall for her again, she's probably a different person now and i'll look at her in a different light. I've been through that, and I don't want to do it again.
Oh well, at least the dream is mine to keep.
Here's to the girl of my dreams, and may all our dreams....
Come true.
Though the events occured in 'real-time' to me..
It felt... like a whole decade.
I grew old in my dreams. And during that dream, for the first time ever in my life, when i woke up abruptly in the middle of the night, and then subsequently went back to sleep, my dream actually RESUMED itself.
Fucking freaky.
It was a dream about an old crush i had, many years ago. The funny thing is, she hasn't even crossed my mind in years. I was pretty sure i wasn't thinking about her before i went to sleep last night. (I was watching the Gumball Rally, so the only thing i should have dreamt about was getting a Murcielago...haaa)
It was a vivid dream-to say the least.
I could smell the air, her perfume (i don't even know what she wears), the food everything. I could feel the cold, moist rainy ambience. I could dance to the music around me. I laughed at her jokes, and did mundane things like eat lunch, pointing at the clouds and imagining what they could be, or just laze around watching DVDs.
It was an uneventful dream. I was living the dream rather than dreaming it. I mean, I'm sure the guys would back me up when i say, that if a guy dreams about a girl he has/had a crush on, the chances of the dream being 21 and above is pretty darn confirmed.
But mine was barely PG.
When i woke up this morning, i was really sad. I really enjoyed the time i had in that dream. I suppose it's the same if you date any other girl/guy, but this girl's something else. At least that's how i feel after last night.
Sometimes, the dreams you have are regurgitated memory blocks stowed deep inside your grey matter. It's a smorgasboard of events and memories jumbled up into moving images which are then turned into dreams.
But i'm not Freud or Jung or even my bastard of a psych prof Mr. John Cash.
I'm me. And i'm sad that I can't even talk to her if i wanted to. I'm sad that many years ago, i did nothing to show my emotions for her.
Even if i wanted to fall for her again, she's probably a different person now and i'll look at her in a different light. I've been through that, and I don't want to do it again.
Oh well, at least the dream is mine to keep.
Here's to the girl of my dreams, and may all our dreams....
Come true.
Comments