Reality Bites.

Okay the title isn't accurately describing how i find reality to be.

Reality doesn't bite. Much.

But sometimes your mind and memories play up grandiose moments which weren't really all that spectacular to begin with.

You see, i caught up with that crush of mine. And she turned out to be pretty..umm how do I put this..

Regular?

She's not even 'that' special. I guess the reason i found her to be 'special' was probably attributed to the fact that I wasn't really exposed to a lot of people at that point in my life.

Funny thing is, i caught up with two of my crushes (one is from my high school years, the other my primary..lol) in such a short period of time; and it was dissapointing. I mean they were still pretty/smart/cute/entertaining as every other girl i had feelings for, but i....dunno. I guess when i was younger, i never had the courage to actually even go up to them, much less say anything constructive.

Now that i have the balls or cojones to go up and say hello, they turn out to be pretty one dimensional. I'm sure they're still every bit as exciting to the next guy who enjoyes their company, or has a crush on them - I only find them one dimensional because the "mystique" of falling head over cojones over someone has dissipated.

I guess whenever you have a crush on someone, everything about that person seems, extraordinary.
But when you look at them retrospectively, everyone is pretty mundane. We're just attracted to each other's ORDINARYness i spose.

Like scratching the back of her ear when she's nervous. Or twirling her hair when she's about to tell you something exciting.

Those are pretty mundane acts, which become special to you simply because you CHOOSE to make it special.

That's why from now i on, I believe that everyone has special qualities which excites different people in different ways.

And people tell me that i have a type. I sincerely disagree. Well at least i used to.

Everybody has a type, and if you tell me you don't you are one of two things.

Either you're a Liar, or You're just pretending to not have a type as to not seem condenscending,picky and arrogant.

So there. I too have a type. And i have finally discerned the type which excites me.

The question now is, will i be able to excite her?

Pfft.

Surrealism. That's how i feel right now i spose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.