Listening to Cafe Del Mar in Wicker Park.

The Aurora Borealis or better known as the Northern Lights


It's been an interesting 24 hours.

Last night i listened to Cafe Del Mar, live. And I must say, that it was absolutely amazing. I never even knew Cafe Del Mar had tours! Jose Padilla, was the resident DJ for CDM and was pleasantly surprised to find that the chap is immensely talented.

We chilled out for a bit, caught up with some old friends and after talking for what felt like hours; everybody just sat back, and just listened to the music.

Imagine listening to Northern Lights live. I mean shit. It was freaking awesome. They had live guitars and a sax-guy in the background playing along.

I just sat there, closed my eyes, and dreamed. A moment of contemplation, self-reflection and utter peace. Everything for that very moment in time - seemed perfect. The mood, the light, the company around me. Just the right amount of...right.

The drive home was just as interesting. The conversations we had were energizing. It made me realise that i'm actually a pretty fickle bastard. And i never knew it. Sometimes, you need to realise it on your own. I only wished I realised it sooner.

Got home,barely undressed myself, and slumped on my bed.

When I woke up today, there was a DVD on my bed. I rubbed my eyes gently, waited for my retinas to adjust itself to the ambient lighting, and focussed my vision on the title of the DVD.

It said, "Wicker Park."

I was like, pfft. I've heard of this show, but no one had actually told me to watch it. So I automatically assumed that it bombed. Therefore, it never even crossed my mind to purchase the DVD, even though i've seen it on the shelves of every single DVD store for the last couple of months.

Anyways, since there was no urgency in watching this show, i popped it in the Picot much later in the evening.

I sat back, grabbed a pillow, and turned it on.

The first half of the movie was crap. I thought my brother was fucking with me like he did with 28 Days Later.

He must've wanted me to suffer just as he did when he wasted his bloody time watching this stink ass movie.

Just as i was about to doze off to greener pasteurs, the movie had an epiphany. The plot twist was so unexpected, and it kept me hooked all the way to the end.

The movie is still in the background as I casually and lazily bring this blog to an end.

It really is that good.

Do yourselves a favour. If you've watched Closer, and thought that it was good, watch Wicker Park.

It's way better.

Oh, and Kate Hudson is no longer the prettiest girl in Tinseltown.

"Lisa" (Diane Kruger) just knocked her off the pedestal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.