Married with Children.

Last night, was a night filled with interesting conversations and quirky banters.

Opus Annexxe became our host for the night, and though we literally drank enough to feed a small family, it was well worth the 100 ringgit we spent on the 'drinks tab'. Well, after the "Eddie Tax, Ezar's Bill and Nadira's GST" it ended up being a penny short of a hundred. I'm not being petty, i'm just being realistic. A hundred ringgit just for drinks...as in ILTs and a couple of Evians. A little over the top, don't you think?

And Nadira's Pate. I guess that's how u spell it. Paaa-taaayy.

Last night, I found out that Ezar and Nad both still think they're 18 and I'm the only one who feels 40. Damnit. And here i thought we were all getting OLDER. I also found out that arranged marriages actually work, and for the lucky (or unlucky) fool who marries someone without actually looking at your future spouse, you might still have a chance at making it work. I have on authority that it actually happened, and the lucky couple is as happy as can be.

After an hour, the once empty table was now filled to the brim with glasses upon glasses of ILTs and Evians. That wasn't the only thing the table was filling up with. The white linen table was also garnished with an entree filled with difficult and contemplating questions.

How many kids do you want? How old do you want to be when you get married? Are you a daddy? Are you a Mommy? Are you prepared to have a family? How much do you have to earn to feel comfortable with a family?

Oh and why is it, that all my friends think that no one is ever GOOD enough for me? This goes to all of my female friends who seem to think that the best girl suited for me is probably the same lady who has her face on the English currency. Yes, I appreciate your sentiments and the "yes i'm looking out for you Eddie," but for god's sake, at least let me take a peek!

Since i'm on the topic, thanks Naem for almost getting pepper sprayed trying to get Aoi's number, and Hanisah and Lin for scaring poor Hanna half to death at Secret Recipe. You guys are definately, a cut above. Muchos muchos gracias. I'll take it from here, thanks.

Anyways, back to the conversation.

I've had tons of conversation about relationships, and the relative do's and donts of relationships. For example:

For the women, the age old "expiry date" mantra has been drilled into your subconscious since you were born. "You have to get married before this and that age..or not it's hard to have a baby."

Come on girls. Is it really biological, or societal?

The adage that a man ages like wine, is probably a crock of shit as well. It's not that the man gets better looking as he gets older. It's probably the smell of success (or money) that attracts young 18 year olds in the first place.

I have friends who are getting married this year. And i couldn't be happier for them. Congratulations. Hope you have many healthy peppy kids. Just don't bring them over until they're old enough to pilot a 747. Thanks.

I mean it's not like i hate kids. It's just that, i'm not ready to have any of my own. My niece and nephew are a handful as it is. Hee. Talking about kids, here's an insert of a photoshoot of me and my dad.

Me


Daddio



Any family resemblance? Lol. Didn't think so.

Anyways, a short shout-out to my friends is in order:

Ezar, i'm happy that you have joined the 'non-drinkers club'. I'm so proud of you.

Nad, I'm so happy to know that you're a person with very strong principles, and someone who really, truly believes that family is everything. And happy birthday, hope 22 will do you good.

Naem, i'm so sorry you came late, i hope the 4 ringgit covered the lenjan petrol. ;)

Oh. And I'm dating again. Hee. Who is she you might ask....?

...now that is a story for another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.