This Is Your Life.
Are you who you wanna be?
Life is a moving picture album. As the years pass you by, your album collection becomes more colourful - filled with birthdays and holidays and anniversaries. You laugh and you cry, and you reflect on your past actions with those closest to you.
Life is like sitting in a dimly lit lounge, with a gentle tune of the piano drifting you further and further away. As you grow older, the tune becomes softer, and softer, until the room becomes smaller and smaller, and you finally fall asleep.
You grow fond of the days, when even the smallest things excited you. You remember the days of yonder, before life became cynical.
You remember the days when you had best friends, and that actually meant something. A place for you to get lost in - your comfort zone. A place where you could go whenever you felt lonely and sad.
I remember the days when all we did was laugh. It was as though the hilarity would never end. I remember the days when I never got tired of going to class; or skipping them altogether. I remember how I always looked forward to playing foosball at One Utama, or going to Tango in KLCC or getting lost in Ampang for the first time.
I used to sit in cafes for hours at a time, and still have so much more to say. I never got anything done back then, but at least I knew that I had enjoyed myself to the highest degree.
Many friends tell me that I work too hard, and that I don’t spend enough of my time actually spending it. My mind usually slips away, to a time when things were so much simpler. When I actually had a routine.
The band meets on Friday, KLCC on Saturday and family day on Sunday.
I was 18 then.
As time slowly ticks away, and my biological clock hits the magic number of Twenty-Three this year, I resign knowing that I can’t have everything. Yes, I had a great time when I was 18, but we all did. That’s why everybody wants to be 18.
And I’m having a stellar time now too. I have wonderful individuals surrounding me, and we still laugh like there’s no tomorrow; but I guess a part of me is sad, because 4 years from now (when I’m 27) I’ll look back at my life right now, and wished that It would’ve stayed that way forever.
This year, I'll take someone's word of advice. "Belum cuba, Belum tahu."
I'll be driving across Asia. Who's with me?
:)
(The Blog for today was inspired by the music from Switchfoot's new Single, This Is Your Life)
Life is a moving picture album. As the years pass you by, your album collection becomes more colourful - filled with birthdays and holidays and anniversaries. You laugh and you cry, and you reflect on your past actions with those closest to you.
Life is like sitting in a dimly lit lounge, with a gentle tune of the piano drifting you further and further away. As you grow older, the tune becomes softer, and softer, until the room becomes smaller and smaller, and you finally fall asleep.
You grow fond of the days, when even the smallest things excited you. You remember the days of yonder, before life became cynical.
You remember the days when you had best friends, and that actually meant something. A place for you to get lost in - your comfort zone. A place where you could go whenever you felt lonely and sad.
I remember the days when all we did was laugh. It was as though the hilarity would never end. I remember the days when I never got tired of going to class; or skipping them altogether. I remember how I always looked forward to playing foosball at One Utama, or going to Tango in KLCC or getting lost in Ampang for the first time.
I used to sit in cafes for hours at a time, and still have so much more to say. I never got anything done back then, but at least I knew that I had enjoyed myself to the highest degree.
Many friends tell me that I work too hard, and that I don’t spend enough of my time actually spending it. My mind usually slips away, to a time when things were so much simpler. When I actually had a routine.
The band meets on Friday, KLCC on Saturday and family day on Sunday.
I was 18 then.
As time slowly ticks away, and my biological clock hits the magic number of Twenty-Three this year, I resign knowing that I can’t have everything. Yes, I had a great time when I was 18, but we all did. That’s why everybody wants to be 18.
And I’m having a stellar time now too. I have wonderful individuals surrounding me, and we still laugh like there’s no tomorrow; but I guess a part of me is sad, because 4 years from now (when I’m 27) I’ll look back at my life right now, and wished that It would’ve stayed that way forever.
This year, I'll take someone's word of advice. "Belum cuba, Belum tahu."
I'll be driving across Asia. Who's with me?
:)
(The Blog for today was inspired by the music from Switchfoot's new Single, This Is Your Life)
Comments