I'm home.

Well, having my parents back home isn't so bad i guess. The house is once again filled with loud noises and familiar cookery smells; among other things.

Like my dad telling me to put this robe he brought back from Mecca, and wouldn't stop bugging me until i did. Or my mom telling me she's so proud of who i've become and kept bugging me to buy her the new 3 series, oh and to go to Mecca with them for Umrah. I didn't even know how much i missed them, until they came back. I just can't stop talking. I felt like i was 6 years old again, vying for my parents attention. Trying to please them, and show them that i've grown up in the short period of time they've been away. Yeah i know i was away in Melbourne for a much longer period of time, but this was different. This was me taking care of what THEY left behind. The house, the family, the errands and the responsiblities.

And I guess i pulled it off.

And i'm so greatful to God for giving them the chance and the strength to make it through Hajj in one piece, and in relative good health. Alhamdullilah, and God Willing, I too will make my own journey to Mecca.

Sometimes you take a lot of things for granted. Like eating at home. Or getting the third degree from your parents about where you're going or where you've been. But then you also know that when you wake up in the morning, irregardless of where you are in the world, if your family is there with you; you're home.

You know that everything's gonna be okay, because even though you're great on your own, you're always that little bit better when you're with family. And i couldn't ask for more.

Two feet away from me, laughter is filling the living room hall outside. My nephew is giggling so loudly i can't help but crack a smile myself.

Wait, now there's two of them. My niece just joined in, and she's shouting at the top of her lungs. I have no idea what she's saying, but it sounds super cute! Something like "Diya, nih diya punyeeee..hek hek hek.."
She's not only cute, she's also the prettiest girl in the world in my book. Lol.

And I'm wasting my time here writing this blog when i should be jumping at the chance to spend as much time as i can with my family. Family is everything. And as I finally turn 23 in a month's time, I'm greatful to have been given the opportunity and foresight to realize this so early in my life.

Therefore, i'd like to take an early exit, and wish you all a pleasant night. Hour long conversations await.

:)

Comments

iDAN said…
As long as i known you la kan...U always the 6 year old boy with your Parents..with a Ferrari of course!!..ahahahah

Wehh...kiter Gi Umrah sesama nak!?!?...

Missed Your Nephew and Niece laa....kiss them for me yaa!!

Cheers

iDAN

Popular posts from this blog

You know you live in 2006 when...

Monday Blues. :(

The Truth About Boys.