TNB. Total National Blackout.
It's been a memorable second week of January for me; even though the week is far from over.
I've had:-
The National Blackout, Lessons in Friendship, Lessons in Reciprocity and Lessons in Trust.
However, for today's edition of the BLOG, i will furnish you, my fair readers, a chance to experience a world without electricity.
Well, the National Blackout which occured yesterday at 1 pm (Semenanjung Time) was freaky. It reminded me of the same blackout which darkened our lives for 3 days in 1998. I didn't want to go through that again. I was getting news reports from all over, and some were saying that it might take up to a week to restore the power this time. And no one had any concrete information on how the whole event actually happened. What took place? Did someone blow up a relay station on purpose? Is the CEO of TNB going to be fired all over again? Am I going to go on for a week without electricity?
You have no idea how dependent you are on electricity until you are living without it. These are the things which i depend on for my daily routine. And they are all electrically driven. They are, *in no specific order of importance*:
My Ipod, my toothbrush, my computer, my airport, my powerbook, my modem, my xbox, my ps2, my PSP, my external hard drive, my camera, my TV, my handycam, my telephone, my handphone, my gate *gasp*, and my sanity!
Okay while some will argue that most of the items above (if charged for any period of time, will still have some residual charges inside the device) are battery operated and can last for more than a day, it sure as hell won't last for a week. And while some of the items are of the eccentric nature, and are by and large non essential items, we, the denizens of the MTV generation, have come to depend on it. Forget living without the Internet. That's just too scary. Most ppl still can't get over the disintegration of "TORRENT".
So true believers. Especially those of you living many oceans away from me, be thankful that you have electricity, water, and air to breathe. As for me, well, the electricity came back on after 4 hours apparently. Fortunately for me, I was at the Hilton having a meeting, and with Hilton and most other major hotels; they have Generators.
Apropo, I was in a state of sublime ignorance. Yes i knew there was no electricity since i had to go out of my house through the fucking fence (which wasn't pretty), but at least i didn't have to experience the HEAT, or the lack intellectually stimulating conversations. I was comfortable with my glass of ice cold ice lemon tea. Which tasted like a cameo version of Seasons. Fucking hell. I'm paying 15 bucks for a can of Seasons?
Ah...well that's story for another time. For now; Salute and be in good health people.
I've had:-
The National Blackout, Lessons in Friendship, Lessons in Reciprocity and Lessons in Trust.
However, for today's edition of the BLOG, i will furnish you, my fair readers, a chance to experience a world without electricity.
Well, the National Blackout which occured yesterday at 1 pm (Semenanjung Time) was freaky. It reminded me of the same blackout which darkened our lives for 3 days in 1998. I didn't want to go through that again. I was getting news reports from all over, and some were saying that it might take up to a week to restore the power this time. And no one had any concrete information on how the whole event actually happened. What took place? Did someone blow up a relay station on purpose? Is the CEO of TNB going to be fired all over again? Am I going to go on for a week without electricity?
You have no idea how dependent you are on electricity until you are living without it. These are the things which i depend on for my daily routine. And they are all electrically driven. They are, *in no specific order of importance*:
My Ipod, my toothbrush, my computer, my airport, my powerbook, my modem, my xbox, my ps2, my PSP, my external hard drive, my camera, my TV, my handycam, my telephone, my handphone, my gate *gasp*, and my sanity!
Okay while some will argue that most of the items above (if charged for any period of time, will still have some residual charges inside the device) are battery operated and can last for more than a day, it sure as hell won't last for a week. And while some of the items are of the eccentric nature, and are by and large non essential items, we, the denizens of the MTV generation, have come to depend on it. Forget living without the Internet. That's just too scary. Most ppl still can't get over the disintegration of "TORRENT".
So true believers. Especially those of you living many oceans away from me, be thankful that you have electricity, water, and air to breathe. As for me, well, the electricity came back on after 4 hours apparently. Fortunately for me, I was at the Hilton having a meeting, and with Hilton and most other major hotels; they have Generators.
Apropo, I was in a state of sublime ignorance. Yes i knew there was no electricity since i had to go out of my house through the fucking fence (which wasn't pretty), but at least i didn't have to experience the HEAT, or the lack intellectually stimulating conversations. I was comfortable with my glass of ice cold ice lemon tea. Which tasted like a cameo version of Seasons. Fucking hell. I'm paying 15 bucks for a can of Seasons?
Ah...well that's story for another time. For now; Salute and be in good health people.
Comments