Getting Together
Ako Mustapha, Douglas Lim, Elaine Daly and Julia Chuah.
Now i remember how i got through those really cold nights in Melbourne.
These four kept me company.
Okay, I bet now many of you are wondering what am i yammering on about. Well for those of you in the know, the names i mentioned above, happen to be Malaysian actors - the yuppie generation. The english speaking ones. On TV.
And they acted in one of the best shows ever produced in Malaysia.
Getting Together.
It's a TV show about four friends who got together after being separated by the tides of time, commitments and of course work.
While it may be a little stereotyped at times (since it was produced during the F.R.I.E.N.D.S generation) there are certain episodes which definately shine above others. In fact, even the worst episodes are way better than all the junk produced by Malaysian television *combined!* these days. Ng Ping Ho *the producer/director* is a tinsel genius.
I'm sure those few friends of mine who joined me in watching Getting Together in Melbourne know what i'm going on about. And for those of you NOT in the know. Know now. Watch this show, one way or another. Even though it only lasted for a season. Stupid Malaysian rating system. This show is way better than Akademi Fantasia okay.
The friendship these four play acted on TV looked truly genuine. Maybe they really are good friends on the outside. Maybe not. But it didn't matter, because when I look at these four, it made me reflect on my own friendship(s) throughout my life.
I'll end this blog with a snippet of the theme song. Which is brilliant. Wish it was on a CD somewhere...
"It's a different game now, from the ones we used to play...though we're not the same now...you'll always be..
a little be like me."
Now i remember how i got through those really cold nights in Melbourne.
These four kept me company.
Okay, I bet now many of you are wondering what am i yammering on about. Well for those of you in the know, the names i mentioned above, happen to be Malaysian actors - the yuppie generation. The english speaking ones. On TV.
And they acted in one of the best shows ever produced in Malaysia.
Getting Together.
It's a TV show about four friends who got together after being separated by the tides of time, commitments and of course work.
While it may be a little stereotyped at times (since it was produced during the F.R.I.E.N.D.S generation) there are certain episodes which definately shine above others. In fact, even the worst episodes are way better than all the junk produced by Malaysian television *combined!* these days. Ng Ping Ho *the producer/director* is a tinsel genius.
I'm sure those few friends of mine who joined me in watching Getting Together in Melbourne know what i'm going on about. And for those of you NOT in the know. Know now. Watch this show, one way or another. Even though it only lasted for a season. Stupid Malaysian rating system. This show is way better than Akademi Fantasia okay.
The friendship these four play acted on TV looked truly genuine. Maybe they really are good friends on the outside. Maybe not. But it didn't matter, because when I look at these four, it made me reflect on my own friendship(s) throughout my life.
I'll end this blog with a snippet of the theme song. Which is brilliant. Wish it was on a CD somewhere...
"It's a different game now, from the ones we used to play...though we're not the same now...you'll always be..
a little be like me."
Comments