Bam-buu Central
Okay I woke up this morning to the hellish sound of my motorazr buzzing and ringing all over my wooden bedside table. As I forcibly opened my eyes, I realized that the caller had a private number. Great. Who the hell would be calling me at this ungodly hour.
“Eddie!” came the voice on the other end. Exasperated. Almost desperate.
The line was crackling. From my mastery in deduction (lol), I was certain it was a public phone booth. Unfortunately I didn’t know who was on the other end of the line.
“Eddie, aku kena pow Dee…” the caller said. His voice sounding resigned now. Filled with hopelessness.
By now I knew who the caller on the other end was. It was my partner. And he just got robbed. In front of Subang Parade. He lost everything he had on him. His new Nokia which he had just bought not 2 days ago, his IC, his wallet and everything else on him.
I asked him if he got roughed up; he said no, he wasn’t. But they were ready to stab him if he was uncooperative at any point of the ‘transaction’.
“I’m on the way. Wait for me.” I said, barely thinking. I quickly got dressed, and jetted my way to Parade, where he was waiting for me at our usual pick up point.
As I got to Parade, there were already a few guys there, waiting to join him on his search for the missing Nokia. These are the kinds of people you would not want to mess even on their good days. They have scars and tattoos in places you would never want to see. Ever. But they were there, to help my partner out, in his time of need. So was I. Or at least I thought I was.
You see, they were all on motorbikes. Which meant they could squeeze and speed through the smallest of junctions. I was in my fat MINI. I couldn’t even squeeze through a three lane minibus intersection. So yeah. I lost them after 10 minutes. Big help I gave them. Lol. But yeah. How are you gonna sneak up on somebody with a bright Electric Blue MINI anyways?
Anyways, as I went back to the rendezvous point (my home of course), I was bamboozled by my old friend who got really angry with me cause I didn’t call her out last week. Haih. Another bambuu session. I told her I’ll bring her out tomorrow instead. Why did I get bambuu’d when I clearly remembered that she told me that she was supposed to call me. Pfft. To make matters worse, I didn’t understand a word she said for a whole minute. “Sampai nya hati mu….” Lol. Fucking fantastic.
Anyways, it’s only 11 am now. We’ll see how the day unfolds. Cheers people.
Oh and for those who don't know what Bambuu means, lol, get a freaking dictionary. ;)
“Eddie!” came the voice on the other end. Exasperated. Almost desperate.
The line was crackling. From my mastery in deduction (lol), I was certain it was a public phone booth. Unfortunately I didn’t know who was on the other end of the line.
“Eddie, aku kena pow Dee…” the caller said. His voice sounding resigned now. Filled with hopelessness.
By now I knew who the caller on the other end was. It was my partner. And he just got robbed. In front of Subang Parade. He lost everything he had on him. His new Nokia which he had just bought not 2 days ago, his IC, his wallet and everything else on him.
I asked him if he got roughed up; he said no, he wasn’t. But they were ready to stab him if he was uncooperative at any point of the ‘transaction’.
“I’m on the way. Wait for me.” I said, barely thinking. I quickly got dressed, and jetted my way to Parade, where he was waiting for me at our usual pick up point.
As I got to Parade, there were already a few guys there, waiting to join him on his search for the missing Nokia. These are the kinds of people you would not want to mess even on their good days. They have scars and tattoos in places you would never want to see. Ever. But they were there, to help my partner out, in his time of need. So was I. Or at least I thought I was.
You see, they were all on motorbikes. Which meant they could squeeze and speed through the smallest of junctions. I was in my fat MINI. I couldn’t even squeeze through a three lane minibus intersection. So yeah. I lost them after 10 minutes. Big help I gave them. Lol. But yeah. How are you gonna sneak up on somebody with a bright Electric Blue MINI anyways?
Anyways, as I went back to the rendezvous point (my home of course), I was bamboozled by my old friend who got really angry with me cause I didn’t call her out last week. Haih. Another bambuu session. I told her I’ll bring her out tomorrow instead. Why did I get bambuu’d when I clearly remembered that she told me that she was supposed to call me. Pfft. To make matters worse, I didn’t understand a word she said for a whole minute. “Sampai nya hati mu….” Lol. Fucking fantastic.
Anyways, it’s only 11 am now. We’ll see how the day unfolds. Cheers people.
Oh and for those who don't know what Bambuu means, lol, get a freaking dictionary. ;)
Comments