Rubina, it's been a wild ride.

It's been an empty, blogless space for a while now. For those of you in the know, i've been going through some rather abrupt changes. And it has taken up most of my time. Events which deserve blog space was left on the dust ridden altar, to be picked away slowly, by ghostly tales of the forgotten.

I've gone through a forced period of existentialism. The who am I's and who are you's and why are why put on this earth questions. I am on a cliff, and all i see are clouds which foreshadow the plains. It is an infinite expanse of space, in a wholly finite world. I have no idea what the future brings, or what the new year entails; but a part of me (the adventurous part) is tugging at the chains and is ready to jump at the chance. Another part of me misses the comfortable and the familiar. The part of me which wakes up in the morning and wonder how things were so easily taken for granted.

In a whirlwind of events which has occured to me this year, i have finally found closure in myself.

I have tied all the loose ends which i left unravelled many many years ago. While the journey is still long and winding, I am glad to say that when I turn my head around to see the path i travelled, I smile, knowing that the journey was a fruitful one - filled with love and joy...heartache and heartbreak. A path filled with friends and loved ones, and of experiences and imaginations.

We always look back at the past with rose tinted glasses. The past is always beautiful. We idolize the past in the same way we idolize everything else that means something to us in our lives. It is the way we want to remember it. For the most part, it's never the way we remember it. A place, a time, an event, a moment. It is an occurence of unlikely events. And that's what makes everyday special. There's always something new to experience.

I've had friends asking me what are you doing for new year's? What's your new year's resolution?

My answer is simple.

I want to be a better person.

A better son, a better friend, a better confidant, and a better muslim. I want to be myself in the new year.
I want to know who I am.

It's been a long time coming anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.