Friday Malais

As of today, I am officially frustrated. The world is a whirlwind of horrors and past evils. The tyranny of opression extends further than the invisible gloves of the government. Oppression comes in many different shapes and sizes, and none of them are complimentary.

Firstly. Broadband. I mean for god's sakes,why is monopoly the way to go here? You have TMnet's Streamyx and then the rest; being other minute companies (when I say minute i don't mean it in the literal sense; just their market share). So my dear truebelievers, who suffers? Us, the consumers of course. Why don't they just let the market decide how much and how fast we want our internet connections to be? Hey, it's our disposable income to dispose of; so why don't you give us a choice?

I'm sure no one likes to eat Nasi Lemak everyday, during every meal time. So why do we placate ourselves to the infallible hands of the national broadband dominance of TM?

I'm not a naysayer. Nay,Nay,Nay. Far from it. I just want better services to the populace of our great nation. A nation of skyscrapers and Akademi Fantasias, of Cendols and Protons. Yet, when it comes to business, any business, the national imperative supersedes common sense. Government or semi govt bodies are able to regulate the way a service or product is sold to their consumers. Their cost prices are heavily subsidised. Free market? Pah. That's just a phrase which carries as much weight here, as a hot slice of goreng pisang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues. :(

You know you live in 2006 when...

The Truth About Boys.